Saturday, July 30, 2011

What is love?



Love.... always a curious thought to me.  What is it that comes to mind when someone speaks the word...

Loyalty?
Fear?
Anxiety?
Pure Joy?
Euphoria?

To me love is....


unconditional...

and to me that means accepting someone for who they are no matter what their circumstances are and accept every flaw that they have.  That you do something for that someone without expecting anything in return.  That no matter what life throws at you, you and that person can survive the storm because you both are on the same team.  Whether they are the wealthiest or end up paralyzed from the neck down, you stay by their side no matter what.  All in all, to me true love is when no matter what is going on, you and that other person stick together.


"Don't love the person whose always been there through the good times but Love the person who never left during the bad times"



"I love you, not only for what you are, But for what I am when I am with you."

"A loving relationship is one in which the loved one is free to be himself - to laugh with me, but never at me; to cry with me, but never because of me; to love life, to love himself, to love being loved. Such a relationship is based upon freedom and can never grow in a jealous heart."

“Find a guy who calls you beautiful instead of hot, who calls you back when you hang up on him, who will lie under the stars and listen to your heartbeat, or will stay awake just to watch you sleep... wait for the boy who kisses your forehead, who wants to show you off to the world when you are in sweats, who holds your hand in front of his friends, who thinks you're just as pretty without makeup on. One who is constantly reminding you of how much he cares and how lucky his is to have you.... The one who turns to his friends and says, 'that's her.'”


love.

No comments:

Post a Comment